Movement & Meditation
...Bread for the Battle
You are invited to steal away to a "Sanctuary in Time" to focus on God and His Word in a special way. Experience prayer and Bible meditation with spirit, soul, and body. These are days when we need the Truth deep in our bones!
I facilitate retreats (but I call them RECHARGES) for various types and sizes of groups and will work with you to structure the flow of the time to meet your group's specific needs, whether it be a weekend, day-long, or shorter session. I typically use the S.H.A.R.P.E.N.S. framework as a guide for how to structure the time.
Elements that we might choose to include:
1) Warm up (gentle or dynamic floor or standing exercises)
2) Movement concepts mini-lesson/exploration
3) Words; interpret individual words kinesthetically
4) Embody Scripture meditation (as individuals)
5) Interact to embody Scripture (in groups)
6) Snack or lunch
7) Lectio Divina ("Holy Reading") & response
8) Listening Prayer through movement
9) Free time; reflect/journal/take a walk/make art
10) Come together, share and pray for each other
11) Celebrate God! Dance!
Come with openness to the Lord. Enjoy and be encouraged!